Hello, everyone! Today, I’m going to give a review of Globe’s Gcash Mobile Payment. You may be reading this to know a few things about it or planning to have a Gcash account. Or whatever the reason is. I’ll try to make sure everything will be covered.
I’ve been using mobile payments such as Gcash, Paymaya, and Coins.ph ever since it is available. I really find it very convenient for me to send/receive cash especially if you do buy and sell, it also has lots of features to offer that you might be considered to have it.
- You can pay bills and buy load anytime. You get to earn 5% rebate for buying load which is available to all networks.
- A lot more free Cash-in methods, like generating code for 7eleven, using debit cards (VISA and MasterCard), PayPal and Online Banking.
- My favorite feature is the American Express Virtual card, I’m actually enjoying this feature. Once you activate this feature they will assign you a US phone number and address so you can purchase from US online stores. I haven’t purchased anything from US but as far as I know, there would be some cost for you to use the address because they will deliver the item to you in the Philippines. The reason why I love this feature is that I can use it as a regular card for online transactions and I can change the security code anytime. So far I haven’t had any extra charges from using it. I’m not sure though if they would charge me for renewal once the card number has expired.
- Receiving money from PayPal. This is useful for those who freelance. During the old days you have to add your credit or debit card to withdraw funds from PayPal. Also it was used to be costing some money in withdrawing funds. With this GCash feature, users are allowed to link their PayPal for withdrawals that are free of charge. The transactions are almost real time or up to 24 hours which is way better than before when you cash out using card.
- Book a movie ticket from the nearest movie house using the GCash App! The app uses location to tell you the nearest movie theater. They charge convenience of 25 php per ticket.
- They also partnered up with some physical stores to accept QR Payments. I already tried this feature at KFC, SM The Store and Puregold. Every payday I usually put at least 1000 php on my GCash, which I use in case I’m out of budget for food at work or if my kids suddenly needed some stocks for biscuits and diapers.